The David Marsden Award
The award was introduced by Dystonia Europe in 2003 and is presented every two years to stimulate research on dystonia, especially by young scientists in Europe. Professor David Marsden (1938 – 1998) was one of the leading neurologists in Europe and DE wishes to honour the enormous part he played in developing knowledge of and interest in dystonia.
David Marsden Award — 2013
We are delighted to announce that the amount of the Award for 2013 will be increased to €10,000, with the generous support of Ipsen Pharma.
Dystonia Europe (DE) invites submission of papers for The David Marsden Award 2013 General Rules
• The David Marsden Award will be presented every two years.
• The Award sum is € 10,000 for papers (i.e. manuscripts for original publication – no abstracts) on aetiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis or therapies in dystonia or on the psycho-‐social effects.
• Applicants should be under 40 years of age.
• Submitted papers may have been published within the last two years.
• Unsuccessful applicants may re-‐present their papers in the following year, if fundamental new scientific findings are involved.
• The applicant should be the first author.
• The research must have taken place within Geographical Europe.
• Papers should be submitted by email to the DE Secretariat with a short Curriculum Vitae and a declaration that the paper has not been submitted for any other scientific awards.
• The deadline for submissions is 31st March 2013.
• The evaluation of papers will be carried out by the Dystonia Europe Medical and Scientific Advisory Board and a recommendation made to the DE Managing Board.
• It is hoped that the Award will again be presented formally at the MDS session during the EFNS/World Congress of Neurology in Vienna, September 2013 and the Award winner will give a presentation of his/her paper. The winner will also be invited to make a presentation at the DE annual conference 2013.
Apply by downloading and filling out this form — Marsden award submission form 2013
- David Marsden Award 2011 was awarded to Dr David Bradley
- David Marsden Award 2009 was awarded to Dr. Ana Djarmati and Dr. Susanne A. Schneider
- David Marsden Award 2007 was awarded to Dr. Mirta Fiorio
- David Marsden Award 2005 was awarded to Dr. Victor Candia
- David Marsden Award 2003 was awarded to Dr. Mark Edwards